Just Plane Cute


This week's challenge at Cardz 4 Guyz is to make a Action/Movement card.  Okay, well my trashcan is now full of ripped up cards.  I guess I am not someone who likes to try new things!  This card was cut with the Silhouette and the Silhouette was not behaving itself.  The card actually does work, though.  I am happy with that.  The background digital paper is from Echo Park.  I do love the lettering!

I also tried watercolor pencils again this week.  My husband gave me an okay to buy a set of Derwent Intense Ink pencils as an anniversary gift.  We're married 38 years this month.  I have been watching some videos on their use.  I figured, because they are so pricey, I would try my Prismacolor watercolor pencils again first. The results were not good! I decided the Derwent pencils would probably sit and go unused so I decided not to buy them.  I wish I would have done that with my Distressed Inks.  I see absolutely gorgeous images done with them.  When I try it looks like a first grader did the painting.  I don't really know what I'm doing wrong.  The color just doesn't seem to spread like it does in the videos.  Anybody want to come to the Arizona desert during our gorgeous summer weather and give me some lessons? 

9 comments:

  1. The sentiment says it all. It is so fun and cute.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Diane you made a great card in the end, so glad you didn't give up. As with any w/c lots of water is the thing I believe and try it after a couple of drinks!! If you don't like the effect leave it and come back later, you will suprise yourself with what you did. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I be the one to step forward for a week or two in the Arizona desert? I'll even bring my own stash of TH Distress Inks. Thought I doubt I could guide you in colouring. Loving your card, I am so pleased you persevered for it was worth it in the end. That's why your in the DT, your colouring skills, plus accepting and reaching the challenges. That is also why they are called Challenges. LOL I'll catch the next available flight then, shall I? Caz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diane, the sentiment really does say it all! Just plane CUTE! Love it and it's a fun and happy card.
    Oh, if someone comes to give you those lessons, count me in on it too - even though I do know it gets a little warm out your way! Those videos make it all look so easy and then I struggle.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. This isn't just plane cute...it's adorable! Love this little guy in his darling plane!

    I don't think anyone could give you coloring lessons! You are a master at coloring already!! You should be giving them to us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute card, Diane (that sentiment is too true!). If you'd like, drop me a line at my email. I use colored pencils a lot and I think I have some tricks you could try.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute, Diane - I'm glad you persevered with your card, it looks fab. I'd be quite happy to pop over with Caz and help out with your colouring, hun - I wish! Lol.
    Hugz, Jan xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very, very cute, I'm glad you didn't give up because the results are so worth all your struggles. It's nice to try something new. Pat K x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just great Diane - glad you kept going with it x

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.

Almost done with March cards!

  I used an image from Mo's Digital Pencil.  She is colored with Copics, pencils and pastels.  This is the third time I attempted colori...